Congratulations on creating and naming your narrative! Next you need to upload your video and audio based assets to the EEVO system.
The video above shows you the necessary steps for Uploading and Encoding your work. For a written break down, you can start here.
1. Click on the "Upload Assets" button on the left side of your screen. Navigate to where your file is located on your disk and upload it.
2. Specify the type of file your uploading to our system. You will need to know if your content is a monoscopic, top/bottom, or left/right 360 video, select this option, and press save.
3. Our system will automatically encode every asset properly to target each specific VR device, so no need to worry! We ask that you upload the highest quality media you have.
4. When your files are uploaded, you can refresh the page to see the encode status.
We believe there are few components that should be standard for any VR video deliveries and others that we suggest you follow.
- Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1:1
- Framerate: native to what the camera captured, strongly preferring 60fps or higher when possible or in the case of sequences with fast moving content
- Scan Type: Progressive
- Video Aspect Ratio: 2:1 per eye. 2:1 mono, 1:1 stereo or 3D Top/Bottom
- Minimum resolution: At the lowest, 3840x1920 per eye — we believe 4096x2048 is better as it’s still within the 4k standard but at a higher quality with over a million more pixels
- 3D Format: Top/Bottom
- Delivery format: Intermediary format or H264 requesting a very minimal amount of compression or dictating specific high quality settings.
At the moment, EEVO's system can only handle uploads of files up to 5 GBs. Please keep this in mind when uploading assets. If you wish to upload a file over 5 GB, contact us at email@example.com, or in the help area of the website, and we can provide a method for getting your content online.