We're very excited to release our new web player! We've centralized our playback system so that the same native code that powers our mobile and headset experiences also powers the same experiences in the browser. Using WebAssembly we're able to deliver the same content and performance that you can see in our mobile applications.
A few notes on the beta
- We're continually working to improve the player. If you run into any snags or have feedback, we'd love to hear from you at email@example.com.
- We've prioritized support for Chrome and Firefox, as they tend to have the clearest path to WebVR and WebAssembly support. We're monitoring how things are working and improving browser support rapidly.
- There are two kinds of links you can use to get to the web player.
- The first is the Play link from the Console for content that has been Staged. This will take you to your content and deal with authentication for any kind of content in the background. Note that you can only refresh this new tab for up to 5 minutes. Continued playback works for any amount of time as long as you don't reload the tab.
- Public Links are also available for published narratives which can be shared wherever you like. Whoever has access to the full link will have access to the content.
- Analytics reporting for the web player is not presently supported, however we're working to release support shortly.
- Audio playback outside of what's included in a video is not presently supported. Video audio volume may not be greater than 100%.